Twitter user »つ く ₄ * (@ yamabukibum0519)”Went viral immediately after sharing a photo showing some otaku in Japan washing their dakimakura covers (hug pillows) and put them to dry on their balcony. The funny thing is that dakimakuras are erotic (including fully or partially nude girls anime designs), and the owner had no problem showing them to the rest of the world. «Outdoor Laundry Day»Wrote the short publication.
The photo also made its way onto commentary forums in Japan, where it inspired comments such as:
- «I think there was bad weather on that occasion».
- «Have you ever paid attention to how people see you?».
- «Isn’t it better to dry these things in the room? Doesn’t sunlight interfere with prints?».
- «They met you, right? Go away, tell me that was so».
- «Print fades with sun exposure».
- «Can you imagine the subject still living with his parents?».
- «Who are the characters?».